The next Board of Director’s meeting for the Kansas Statewide Homeless Coalition is scheduled for June 19th from 10:00 – 1:00pm. The meeting will be held at the Central Kansas Community Mental Health Center, 809 Elmhurst, Salina, Kansas.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Call to Order & Welcome
- Approval of May Minutes
- Treasurer / Financial Report – Margene
- BoS Coordinator Report – Doug
- Bylaws Update – Doug
- Personnel Handbook – Joyce
- Plans for Board Retreat – Joyce
- HMIS – Doug
Please contact Doug Wallace, Coordinator, for information on how to connect to the meeting by phone and GoToMeetings.
785-354-4990 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice of Funding Availability
2013 Emergency Solutions Grant Application (ESG)
Applications for the 2013 ESG program are now available and due by July 05, 2013.
At the posting of this application, The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has not released the amount of the 2013 ESG funding. However KHRC is expecting the level of funding to be $1,537,347 for 2013. This amount represents 2012 ESG funding minus 5%.
The Emergency Solutions Grants Program (ESG) is a federal block grant authorized by subtitle B of the McKinney Vento Homelessness Assistance Act and is administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. ESG amounts are to be used for services to homeless and near homeless individuals and families in these major categories:
- Renovation, major rehabilitation or conversion of buildings for use as emergency shelter facilities
- Payment of certain expenses related to operating emergency shelter facility
- Provision of essential services related to emergency shelters and street outreach for the homeless
- Provision of rapid re-housing assistance
- Development and implementation of homelessness prevention activities
The Emergency Solutions Grant replaces the Emergency Shelter Grant. The Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing (HEARTH) Act of 2009 amended and reauthorized the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act with substantial changes, including:
A consolidation of HUD’s competitive grant programs;
- A change in HUD’s definition of homeless;
- An increase in prevention resources; and,
- An increase in the emphasis on performance.
For the 2013, The ESG grant period will be for twelve (12) months. The anticipated start date will be September 01, 2013 through August 31, 2014.
To download the application please visit: www.kshousingcorp.org
For more information you can contact James Chiselom with Kansas Housing Resources Corporation
Phone: (785) 296-7236 Fax: (785) 296-8985